Hall of Fame
The Sierra High School Hall of Fame features distinguished athletes and alumni that have brought honor and distinction to the school. Since its inception in 2004, many have been inducted and the tradition continues this year.
Meritorious Service Award
Sierra wishes to recognize individuals who have provided valued and loyal service to the school but who may not meet the criteria for entrance into the Hall of Fame.
Distinguished Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame is open to any student or staff member who meets the following criteria:
- Staff members who taught or worked at Sierra High School for at least five (5) years.
- Staff members who, after leaving or retiring from Sierra High School, have given back to the school by either continuing to work with staff or students at Sierra High School or contributing to district-wide projects or committees.
- Staff members who, while working at Sierra, brought honor and distinction to the school.
- Staff members whose contributions to the school positively impacted either staff or students.
- Students who attended four years at Sierra High School, have graduated, and are in good standing.
- Students who have brought honor and distinction to the school.
- Students who have continued to work with staff and students at Sierra.
- Students whose contributions have positively impacted the lives of others.
It is recommended that future nominees be submitted either by present or former school personnel, community members, or former students. The nominees will be considered based upon the above criteria.
*If selected for the Hall of Fame you will be notified in writing and agree to attend the induction ceremony. If you are unable to attend then you will forfeit your induction for this year but can be considered for future years*
ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
The Athletic Hall of Fame is open to any student or staff member who meets the following criteria:
- Staff members must have been a member of the coaching/athletic staff for at least seven (7) years but are no longer on the coaching staff.
- Contributions to all sports are to be taken into consideration.
- Students must have earned a varsity letter at Sierra High School.
- Nominees must be “worthy” and “outstanding” individuals for induction consideration and not just simply the “best athlete in the graduating class.”
- Contributions to the total athletic program and school in the areas of service to the school, attitude, citizenship, leadership, school spirit, and scholarship will be taken into account.
- Male and female recipients are considered separately with no requirement to establish a balance of inductees by sex.
- There are no “automatic” selections to the Hall of Fame but factors such as success in multiple sports, four-year letter winners in a sport, individual and team state champions, high school and/or collegiate All-America status, participation at the collegiate and/or professional sport level, and contributions to society as a post-Sierra graduate will weigh strongly in the selection of candidates.